3 Days | 2 Nights
Kunzum Pass, Rohtang Pass, Sissu Village, Sissu Waterfalls, Chandratal
per personBook now
Chandratal on one hand is a high altitude Alpine lake in the spiti region of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on Samudra Tapu, one of the largest glaciers in Chandra basin of district Lahaul and Spiti. If you’re fascinated by the vista above and wondering about the location of this high altitude lake, here’s the info. It’s located at 14,000+ feet in the Spiti region of the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Gorgeous to look at, Chandratal is on the Samudra Tapu plateau, located in an entirely uninhabited region of the Himalayas.
- 2 nights stay in camps
- Day 1: Breakfast and Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast and Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast Campfire
- Sleeping Bags
- Camping ground booking with all camping equipment Support staff Guide
Cancellation Policy :
Up to 30 Days :- 90% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
Between 21 - 30 Days :- 60% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
Between 20 - 11 Days :- 30% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
Less than 10 Days :- No refund.
Below is the list of trek essentials for reference. You may pack your bags accordingly.
1. Backpack (30 – 35 L) with sturdy and comfortable shoulder straps and supporting frame. Add-on poncho can be considered to keep it dry.
2. Trekking shoes. Ensure the shoes are well broken in before the trek. Shoes should have good grip, ankle support and waterproofing.
3. 1 waterproof track-pants. Track-pants are light. Plus when things get cold you can wear one over the other. DO NOT bring Jeans, Shorts, Capris, etc.
4. 2 x cotton t-shirts – full sleeves preferred.
5. 1 x Fleece jacket; a woolen sweater would be an alternative.
6. 1 x Wind-proof jacket.
7. 1 pair x thermal inner.
8. 2 pair x socks.
9. Woolen monkey cap / balaclava that covers the ear.
10. 1 pair x gloves.
11. Sun Cap and Sun-glasses which cover your eyes well.
12. People who wear spectacles, choose one of these: a) Use contact lenses. b) Photo-chromatic glasses c) If either of the above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
15. Towel (Thin, quick drying type).
16. Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+) and one Lip-balm.
17. 1 x Water bottle (1 L each).
18. Torch with extra set of cells (head lamps preferable).
19. Personal toilet kit (minimal) and toilet paper.
20. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc. (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available during trek)
21. Slippers / sandals (for walking around campsite, you can share this with tent mates).
22. Some trekkers feel loss of energy more than others. While there is adequate food provided on the trek, carry dry fruit combinations as light snacks. Glucon-D can help in instant energy and considered good in AMS as well (not proven).
23. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
24. Rain Poncho.
25. ADVENTURE SPIRIT.
DAY 1.Reporting At Manali.
After Report at Manali, we will drive towards Kunzum Pass after crossing Rohtang Pass. Kunzam
Pass (4590 mts) is a high mountain pass on the eastern Kunzam Range of the Himalayas some 122
km from Manali. It connects the Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley with the Spiti Valley of Himachal
Pradesh, India. It is on the route to Kaza the sub-divisional headquarters of Spiti. From Kunzum Pass,
we will start our Trek to Chandratal which is around 9 kms and will take 4-5 hours to reach. Believe
us, you are going to have a time of your life. Reach ChandraTal later in the evening. At night , stay at
camps and yes! It isn’t complete without bonfire and lots of games and chit chats.
DAY 2. Manali-Chandratal-Safari
Reach Sissu Village and Check-In at the Camp. Later Trek to the Sissu Waterfalls. This
Sissu Fall is hardly 15-20 min away from Leh highway. This waterfall is famous for its
greenery surrounded all over the waterfall. It signifies an exquisite view when seen from the
Manali – Leh Highway nearby. This is undoubtedly the best and most beautiful waterfall in
entire north India but is still nearly unexplored. The reason is not many people visit these
areas and those who visit have little information about its existence and have other priorities.
And, depending on the time we will be left with, we may also explore the nearby Local
Cricket ground where the District Cricket matches take place along with the Sissu Helipad.
Return to the Camp for evening CampFire. Dinner & Overnight at Camps.
Your email address will not be published.