Jalsu Pass Trek
7 Days | 6 Night
Chamba, Chhatrari-Holi-Deol Village, Nayagram, Surai, Yaragot, Jalsu Pass, Parai
per personBook now
Nature Of Trip : Adventure, Camping, Hiking
Duration : 6N/7D
Distance : 125.8 km
Altitude : 3,900 Meters
Grade : Moderate to Difficult
Jalsu pass is situated at an altitude of 3,900 Mtr. It’s a famous trekking destination for adventure seekers. Its crossing over western dhauladhar between Chamba and Kangra valleys. It’s a perfect trek for beginners. The trek passes buy vast green fields and breathtaking views of the mighty Himalayas. During the trek, you can come across some of the most ancient temples and tribal villages of Chamba valley.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Accommodation. Tented or Tourist lodge.
- Meals while on Trek (Veg)
- Trek equipments.
- Permits/ Forest Fees
- Experienced Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help Trekkers
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Tranportation to Chamba
- Transportation out of Dharamshala
- Anything not specifically mentioned
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking Pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap, Woolen Gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight Towel(1 unit)
- Toilet Paper(plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippersRaincoat / Poncho, Small light weight Towel
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cap to keep the intense sun away from your face, Sunglasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole,Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines (if requiring any particular medication)
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will Carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera with charged batteries
DAY 1 :CHAMBA-CHHATRARI-HOLI-DEOL VILLAGE
This day we do a side drive into the mountain village of Chhatrari. After a short drive from Chamba we take a narrow mountain road to reach Chhatrari village. Visit the ancient Shakti Devi Temple in Chhatrari village. Continue drive to Deol Village where we camp for overnight stay.
DAY 2 : DEOL-NAYAGRAM-SURAI 12
After an hour walk on the rough road we get to Nayagram, a tribal village at the last road-head in Chamba valley. After visiting the village we continue our walk to Laka, a small temple at the end of the village. From here it is a steep downhill walk kms to cross a small stream over a wooden bridge. After crossing the stream it is uphill walk to the next village called Surai. Camp for overnight stay.
DAY 3: SURAI – YARAGOT
It is uphill walk of 8 kms passing through the long meadows of Yaragot. Camp for overnight stay.
DAY 4 : TARAGOT – BASE OF JALSU PASS
This short stage is Included in order to get acclimatize to the altitude. It will take us approx. 3 hours to reach our base camp of Jalsu Pass
DAY 5 :BASE-JALSU PASS – PARAI
After a short ascent for an hour and half we get to the top of the pass. From the pass we have distant view of the snow covered Himalayan peaks on one side the valley on the other. During April and May the trail to the pass is under snow and you have to walk on the snow to reach the pass. From the pass it is steep downhill walk for three to four hours to Parai, a temporary shepherd encampment. Camp here for night stay.
DAY 6 : PARAI-UTTAR ALL-ANDRETTA 4 HOURS WALK.
After breakfast start your last day walk, approx. 4 hours, down to the nearest road-head at Uttarala in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Your driver/car will wait for you at the road-head and drive to Andretta, an artists village . Check in a guesthouse for overnight stay.
DAY 7: ANDRETTA-DHARAMSALA 2 HOURS DRIVE
Explore the village of Andretta in the morning. Afternoon drive to Dharamsala. The drive will take atleast 2 hours and afterwards check in Hotel/Guest House. Evening visit H.H. Dalai Lama Temple.
Your email address will not be published.