2 Days | 1 Nights
Baggi Village, Prashar Lake
per personBook now
Prashar Lake is located at an elevation of 2730 m above sea level. The lake is a perfect holiday destination, far away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Prashar Lake is nestled between the tall cedar trees. From the edge of the lake, tourists can see the glimpse of snow-capped mountains and water streams of the Sutlej River flowing towards the south.
The region has good road connectivity with cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Dehradun and the lake can be approached via Drang, or from Mandi or Bajuara. This makes it ideal for a quick weekend getaway for anyone in these areas. The Prashar lake trek is an easy one as it is at a comfortable altitude, and is suitable for beginners and families with children.
The trek follows a charming trail through dense pine forests and at the top of the valley, you will enjoy views of meadows with cows, woolly lambs, horses grazing, and small mud huts made the locals. You will camp here for the night, and will awaken to panoramic views of snow clad peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges, and get to visit the gorgeous lake itself.
• Sleeping bags, mats, and tents
• Campground (permissions and bookings).
• Meals as mentioned in the meal details.
Below is the list of trek essentials for reference. You may pack your bags accordingly.
1. Backpack (30 – 35 L) with sturdy and comfortable shoulder straps and supporting frame. Add-on poncho can be considered to keep it dry.
2. Trekking shoes. Ensure the shoes are well broken in before the trek. Shoes should have good grip, ankle support and waterproofing.
3. 1 waterproof track-pants. Track-pants are light. Plus when things get cold you can wear one over the other. DO NOT bring Jeans, Shorts, Capris, etc.
4. 2 x cotton t-shirts – full sleeves preferred.
5. 1 x Fleece jacket; a woolen sweater would be an alternative.
6. 1 x Wind-proof jacket.
7. 1 pair x thermal inner.
8. 2 pair x socks.
9. Woolen monkey cap / balaclava that covers the ear.
10. 1 pair x gloves.
11. Sun Cap and Sun-glasses which cover your eyes well.
12. People who wear spectacles, choose one of these: a) Use contact lenses. b) Photo-chromatic glasses c) If either of the above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
15. Towel (Thin, quick drying type).
16. Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+) and one Lip-balm.
17. 1 x Water bottle (1 L each).
18. Torch with extra set of cells (head lamps preferable).
19. Personal toilet kit (minimal) and toilet paper.
20. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc. (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available during trek)
21. Slippers / sandals (for walking around campsite, you can share this with tent mates).
22. Some trekkers feel loss of energy more than others. While there is adequate food provided on the trek, carry dry fruit combinations as light snacks. Glucon-D can help in instant energy and considered good in AMS as well (not proven).
23. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
24. Rain Poncho.
25. ADVENTURE SPIRIT.
Day 1 - Arrival at Mandi
Reach Mandi and then you will be driven for around 26km to the scenic Baggi village; arriving in the
village, enjoy packed lunch and get energised. Post this, begin with the trek to the Prashar Lake.
Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the
Once beside the lake, settle down in the camps and enjoy the evening with an engrossing campfire
followed by snacks, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Prashar Lake| Departure from Mandi
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and
the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start
descending towards Baggi; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery!
Arriving in Baggi, get your packed lunch and take a drive to Mandi, where you will be relaxing for the
day. Post dinner in Mandi, depart the vicinity and start with your onward journey to Delhi and mark
the end of this Prashar Lake trekking tour.
Your email address will not be published.